Richards Media Net is a company that specializes in helping you, your company, or your organization take advantage of Internet delivered media to deliver your message!

Saturday, March 08, 2014

Above and Beyond the Five Senses You Learned in School

It has been a while since I have blogged. Here is something I have rolling around inside my head, trying to get out. I worked on it while walking the mall which I do for exercise on a near daily basis.

In elementary school / middle school when studying the science of humanity you learn about the five senses, 1) Taste, 2) Touch, 3) Smell, 4) Hearing, and 5) Sight.

However as we age, we learn about the additional senses the human body is capable of. Many are casually recognized as senses, having the word "sense" in their name, even though they are not formally or scientifically recognized as such. Here are the ones I was able to come up with, I am sure there are many more.

1) Sense of Direction. 2) Sense of Time. 3)  Sense of Being Observed. 4) Sense of Other Person's Emotional State. 5) Sense of Belonging. 6) Sense of Fashion. 7) Sense of Style. 8) Not sure that this is the same thing, but Common Sense.

Most of these are self-explanatory. I am curious as to what you can come up with in terms of senses over and above the 5 senses we learned in school.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aaron L. Richards said...

Here is one... Sense of Balance!

3:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home